Having risk assessments in place for a place of business is incredibly important and in many cases, a legal requirement and this includes risk assessments for fire. It can be difficult to know where to begin with these kinds of documents and a Fire Risk Assessment Gloucester company such as Keloscape can help out.
The aim of having a completed fire risk assessment is that it gives you the opportunity to look at the risk areas in your business and identify ways in which you can minimise the impact of these risks. This can include adding additional security measures such s fire alarms and detectors and sprinkler systems as well as having processes in place for ensuring that people can be evacuated quickly and safely in the event of a fire.
As a part of the risk assessment process the following areas will be considered:
- What fire hazards are identified in all areas of the business and property?
- Who could be harmed as a result of a fire outbreak in each area and who significantly could they be harmed?
- What controls could be put in place to help minimise these risks?
- How are you going to implement these and record how you do so?
- What are the risk levels following the implementation of these additional measures?
It is important that your fire risk assessment is reviewed on an annual basis or after it has had to be used as a result of an incident or fire outbreak.